Want to make a difference and raise awareness about human rights?
Our strength lies in collective action. With over 7 million Amnesty members and supporters, we help individuals around the world whose human rights are being violated.
We are a collective of human rights defenders who are actively looking for volunteer assistance with:
- Letter writing - (1st Tuesday of every month at 7pm at Owl Acoustic Lounge)
- Event organization (Write for Rights - December 10, Sisters in Spirit Vigil - October 4)
- Fundraising (Highway Cleanup - 1st or 2nd Saturday in May - weather dependent)
- Community outreach (Tabling events throughout the year, Coulee Cleanup - May)
- Face painting (Shelter Me Party in the Park - July)
- Awareness events (e.g. panel discussion, documentary film showing, guest speaker, workshop, etc.)
- Administration (e.g. email newsletter, poster distribution, sponsorships/partnerships, SCIP supervision, applied studies students, accounting, etc)
- Social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Creative initiatives
We’re always looking for volunteers and partners to support our mission.
Join us at an upcoming event, email us, or complete the online form to let us know how you want to get involved.
You can also make a donation by clicking the button “Donate & Support Amnesty International Canada.”